Las Bajas Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Las Bajas Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.9 °C
Las Bajas in Lanzarote is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast with some shelter here from northeast winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north northwest. There is a right hand reef break. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Las Bajas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Las Bajas through an average May... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Las Bajas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lanzarote surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Las Bajas
Visitor Reviews of Las Bajas
Tide stations nearest to Las Bajas:
- Closest tide stationArrecife11 mi
- Second closest tide stationTias14 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorralejo34 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto del Rosario48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPuerto de la Luz, Gran Canaria132 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Las Bajas:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)366 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)579 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)805 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)851 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)894 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Las Bajas:
- Closest city locationArrecife (Spain)11 mi
- Second closest city locationPuerto del Carmen (Spain)16 mi
- Third closest city locationPuerto del Rosario (Spain)48 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLas Palmas (Spain)135 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEl Aaiun (Western Sahara)138 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Las Bajas is Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE) in Canary Islands, which is 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Las Bajas is Fuerteventura Airport (FUE), also in Canary Islands, 81 km (50 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Las Bajas, Lanzarote. Use the tab navigation above to view Las Bajas sea temperature, Las Bajas photographs, Las Bajas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Las Bajas webcams, current wind from Lanzarote live weather stations and Las Bajas tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Las Bajas.