Larsen Street Spot ID
Photo credit: Rob Davies
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.6 °C
Larsen Street on the West Coast is a reasonably exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Larsen Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Larsen Street through a ty... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Larsen Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to West Coast South Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Larsen Street
Tide stations nearest to Larsen Street:
- Closest tide stationWestport6 mi
- Second closest tide stationGreymouth50 mi
- Third closest tide stationHokitika River Bar72 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMapua90 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMotueka90 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Larsen Street:
- Closest ski areaRainbow71 mi
- Second closest ski areaTemple Basin81 mi
- Third closest ski areaHanmer85 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCraigieburn95 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBroken River96 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Larsen Street:
- Closest city locationNelson98 mi
- Second closest city locationBlenheim128 mi
- Third closest city locationChristchurch139 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWellington173 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPorirua179 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Larsen Street is Westport Airport (WSZ) in New Zealand, 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Larsen Street is Hokitika Airport (HKK), also in New Zealand, 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Third is Nelson Airport (NSN) in New Zealand, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Woodbourne Airport (BHE) in New Zealand is 200 km (124 miles) away.
- Christchurch International Airport (CHC), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Larsen Street and is 212 km (132 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Larsen Street, West Coast South Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Larsen Street sea temperature, Larsen Street photographs, Larsen Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Larsen Street webcams, current wind from West Coast South Island live weather stations and Larsen Street tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Larsen Street.