Langland Bay Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Wales – Gower, UK)
Langland Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.5 °C
Langland Bay on Gower is a fairly exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Beware of crowds and rocks.
For Mumbles, Wales, 3 km from Langland Bay.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Mumbles, 2 km from Langland Bay.
|strong winds from the WSW|
At Pembroke Buoy, 47 miles from Langland Bay.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||4||5||5||5|
Overall Langland Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Langland Bay through a typic... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Langland Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - Gower surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Langland Bay
Visitor Reviews of Langland Bay
“Soy adriana di marzo de venezuela mi voto es para henry crespo garcia de venezuela”
adriana di marzo from VENEZUELA - 24 Apr 2012
Tide stations nearest to Langland Bay:
- Closest tide stationMumbles2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSwansea6 mi
- Third closest tide stationBriton Ferry9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLlanelli10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNeath11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Langland Bay:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)177 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)210 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)229 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)229 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)229 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Langland Bay:
- Closest city locationSwansea (United Kingdom)5 mi
- Second closest city locationBriton Ferry (United Kingdom)9 mi
- Third closest city locationLlanelli (United Kingdom)10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNeath (United Kingdom)11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCoity (United Kingdom)20 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Langland Bay is Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Langland Bay is Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Bristol Airport (BRS) in England, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Bristol Filton Airport (FZO) in England is 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Exeter Airport (EXT), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Langland Bay and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Langland Bay, Wales - Gower. Use the tab navigation above to view Langland Bay sea temperature, Langland Bay photographs, Langland Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Langland Bay webcams, current wind from Wales - Gower live weather stations and Langland Bay tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Langland Bay.