Lake Ferry Spot ID
Photo credit: Rob
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Lake Ferry in the Waiararpa is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach break provides left and right handers. Sometimes crowded. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Lake Ferry Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Lake Ferry through a typical A... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lake Ferry surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wairarapa surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lake Ferry
- The closest passenger airport to Lake Ferry is Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lake Ferry is Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ), also in New Zealand, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Masterton Airport (MRO) in New Zealand, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Woodbourne Airport (BHE) in New Zealand is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Palmerston North Airport (PMR), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Lake Ferry and is 126 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lake Ferry, Wairarapa. Use the tab navigation above to view Lake Ferry sea temperature, Lake Ferry photographs, Lake Ferry detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lake Ferry webcams, current wind from Wairarapa live weather stations and Lake Ferry tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lake Ferry.