Laguna Creek Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Laguna Creek in Santa Cruz is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is falling. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks and sharks.
For 4 Mile, 8 km from Laguna Creek.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bonny Doon, 10 km from Laguna Creek.
At Monterey Buoy, 19 miles from Laguna Creek.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||9||10||15|
Overall Laguna Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Laguna Creek over a normal July, b... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Laguna Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Laguna Creek
Visitor Reviews of Laguna Creek
Tide stations nearest to Laguna Creek:
- Closest tide stationAno Nuevo Island7 mi
- Second closest tide stationSanta Cruz12 mi
- Third closest tide stationLive Oak14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAptos19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRio Del Mar19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Laguna Creek:
- Closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)147 mi
- Second closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)148 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)157 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKirkwood (United States)165 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra at Tahoe (United States)168 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Laguna Creek:
- Closest city locationSanta Cruz (United States)12 mi
- Second closest city locationLos Gatos (United States)20 mi
- Third closest city locationSaratoga (United States)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCupertino (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Laguna Creek is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Laguna Creek is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport (SCK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Laguna Creek and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Laguna Creek, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Laguna Creek sea temperature, Laguna Creek photographs, Laguna Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Laguna Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Laguna Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Laguna Creek.