La Tranche sur Mer Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.1 °C
La Tranche sur Mer in Cote De Lumiere is an exposed beach/jetty break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Sometimes crowded.
Overall La Tranche sur Mer Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at La Tranche sur Mer through an ... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Tranche sur Mer surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vendee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Tranche sur Mer
- The closest passenger airport to La Tranche sur Mer is Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Tranche sur Mer is St Agnant (Rochefort) Airport (RCO), also in France, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Souche (Niort) Airport (NIT) in France, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Medis (Royan) Airport (RYN) in France is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to La Tranche sur Mer and is 91 km (57 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Tranche sur Mer, Vendee. Use the tab navigation above to view La Tranche sur Mer sea temperature, La Tranche sur Mer photographs, La Tranche sur Mer detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Tranche sur Mer webcams, current wind from Vendee live weather stations and La Tranche sur Mer tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Tranche sur Mer.