La Salie Spot ID
Photo credit: romain farthouat
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.3 °C
La Salie in Acquitaine is an exposed beach break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips / pollution.
Overall La Salie Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the range of swells directed at La Salie through an average April ... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Salie surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gironde surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Salie
- The closest passenger airport to La Salie is La Teste De Buch (Arcachon) Airport (XAC) in France, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Salie is Merignac (Bordeaux) Airport (BOD), also in France, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France, 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Medis (Royan) Airport (RYN) in France is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to La Salie and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Salie, Gironde. Use the tab navigation above to view La Salie sea temperature, La Salie photographs, La Salie detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Salie webcams, current wind from Gironde live weather stations and La Salie tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Salie.