La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.8 °C
La Puntiallia in Amber Coast is an exposed reef break that has reliable surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. A right hand reef break. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
For Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, 1 km from La Puntilla (Puerto Plata).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP5409, 1 km from La Puntilla (Puerto Plata).
Overall La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This image describes the variation of swells directed at La Puntiallia through an avera... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Amber Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Puntilla (Puerto Plata)
Ski Resorts closest to La Puntilla (Puerto Plata):
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1295 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1296 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1304 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1306 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1311 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Puntiallia is Gregorio Luperon International (Puerto Plata) Airport (POP) in Dominican Republic, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Puntiallia is Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI), also in Dominican Republic, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Cap Haitien Airport (CAP) in Haiti, 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic is 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX), also in Dominican Republic is the fifth nearest airport to La Puntiallia and is 186 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Puntilla (Puerto Plata), Amber Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) sea temperature, La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) photographs, La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) webcams, current wind from Amber Coast live weather stations and La Puntilla (Puerto Plata) tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Puntilla (Puerto Plata).