La Puntiallia Spot ID
Photo credit: Anderson valdez
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.8 °C
La Puntiallia in Amber Coast is an exposed reef break that has reliable surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. A right hand reef break. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall La Puntiallia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the variation of swells directed at La Puntiallia through a typica... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Puntiallia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Amber Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Puntiallia
Tide stations nearest to La Puntiallia:
- Closest tide stationPuerto Plata11 mi
- Second closest tide stationSosua24 mi
- Third closest tide stationGaspar Hernandez42 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Fernando de Monte Cristi52 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRio San Juan53 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Puntiallia:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1284 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1285 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1293 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1295 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1301 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Puntiallia:
- Closest city locationPuerto Plata12 mi
- Second closest city locationVilla Bisono24 mi
- Third closest city locationEsperanza24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMao28 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSantiago de los Caballeros30 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Puntiallia is Gregorio Luperon International (Puerto Plata) Airport (POP) in Dominican Republic, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Puntiallia is Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI), also in Dominican Republic, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Cap Haitien Airport (CAP) in Haiti, 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic is 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX), also in Dominican Republic is the fifth nearest airport to La Puntiallia and is 186 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Puntiallia, Amber Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view La Puntiallia sea temperature, La Puntiallia photographs, La Puntiallia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Puntiallia webcams, current wind from Amber Coast live weather stations and La Puntiallia tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Puntiallia.