La Portada Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.7 °C
La Portada in Antofagasta is an exposed point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Light onshore winds ruin the qulaity Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest.The waves is a point break that peels left. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rocks and urchins.
Overall La Portada Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at La Portada over a normal Novem... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Portada surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antofagasta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Portada
Tide stations nearest to La Portada:
- Closest tide stationAntofagasta11 mi
- Second closest tide stationTocopilla99 mi
- Third closest tide stationTaltal132 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIquique227 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCaldera248 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Portada:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)506 mi
- Second closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)633 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)643 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)646 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)646 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Portada:
- Closest city locationAntofagasta (Chile)12 mi
- Second closest city locationCalama (Chile)119 mi
- Third closest city locationIquique (Chile)225 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCopiapo (Chile)268 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVillazon (Bolivia)323 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to La Portada is Cerro Moreno International (Antofagasta) Airport (ANF) in Chile, which is 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to La Portada is El Loa (Calama) Airport (CJC), also in Chile, 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Portada, Antofagasta. Use the tab navigation above to view La Portada sea temperature, La Portada photographs, La Portada detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Portada webcams, current wind from Antofagasta live weather stations and La Portada tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Portada.