La Perouse Bay/The Dumps Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
La Perouse Bay/The Dumps in Maui is a reasonably exposed reef break that only works once in a while. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the best swell direction is from the south. A left hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks.
For Makena, Maui Island, Hawaii, 6 km from La Perouse Bay/The Dumps.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Kahului Airport, 33 km from La Perouse Bay/The Dumps.
|strong winds from the NE|
Overall La Perouse Bay/The Dumps Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the range of swells directed at La Perouse Bay/The Dumps through a... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Perouse Bay/The Dumps surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Perouse Bay/The Dumps
Visitor Reviews of La Perouse Bay/The Dumps
“Spent two days snorkeling at "The Dumps" last week (October 24 /25 2010) and found it to be quite an enjoyable experience. A large variety of fish on the reefs and at least two mature turtles. Just staying still on the surface seems to attract the turtles who come up, stay with you awhile and then head below again.
Best advice is to wear shoes when trying to get to the beach, which is about four feet wide, black and not able to offer much stability. Entering from the rocks can be a very slippery experience which I wouldn't recommend.”
Frank Polo from CANADA - 29 Oct 2010
Tide stations nearest to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps:
- Closest tide stationMakena, Maui Island4 mi
- Second closest tide stationKuheia Bay, Kahoolawe Island11 mi
- Third closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)13 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSmuggler Cove, Kahoolawe Island17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2460 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2464 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2474 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2490 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley2492 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps:
- Closest city locationKahului21 mi
- Second closest city locationKailua101 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu103 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe106 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHilo106 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps is Hana Airport (HNM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to La Perouse Bay/The Dumps and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Perouse Bay/The Dumps, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view La Perouse Bay/The Dumps sea temperature, La Perouse Bay/The Dumps photographs, La Perouse Bay/The Dumps detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Perouse Bay/The Dumps webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and La Perouse Bay/The Dumps tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Perouse Bay/The Dumps.