La Paz Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.7 °C
La Paz in Costa del Balsamo is an exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf Ideal winds are from the north northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of rips, rocks, locals and pollution.
Overall La Paz Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart shows the range of swells directed at La Paz through an average November and... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Paz surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Costa del Balsamo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Paz
Tide stations nearest to La Paz:
- Closest tide stationLa Libertad1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAcajutla35 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto El Triunfo53 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Union, El Salvador101 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Jose106 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Paz:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1488 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1533 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1537 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1548 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)1573 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Paz:
- Closest city locationNueva San Salvador (El Salvador)14 mi
- Second closest city locationAntiguo Cuscatlan (El Salvador)14 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Marcos (El Salvador)15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Salvador (El Salvador)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMejicanos (El Salvador)18 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to La Paz is El Salvador International (San Salvador) Airport (SAL) in El Salvador, which is 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to La Paz is La Aurora (Guatemala City) Airport (GUA) in Guatemala, 179 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Paz, Costa del Balsamo. Use the tab navigation above to view La Paz sea temperature, La Paz photographs, La Paz detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Paz webcams, current wind from Costa del Balsamo live weather stations and La Paz tide predictions. The El Salvador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing El Salvador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from El Salvador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Paz.