La Mondree Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
La Mondree Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.8 °C
La Mondree in Normandyis a beach break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds blow from the south. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Crowds are never a problem here. Hazards include .
For Tourlaville, 10 km from La Mondree.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cherbourg Maupertus, 5 km from La Mondree.
|light winds from the N|
At Channel Islands Buoy, 67 miles from La Mondree.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||7|
Overall La Mondree Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at La Mondree over a normal May... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Mondree surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Normandy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Mondree
Visitor Reviews of La Mondree
Tide stations nearest to La Mondree:
- Closest tide stationTourlaville6 mi
- Second closest tide stationCherbourg7 mi
- Third closest tide stationOcteville10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuerqueville11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands46 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Mondree:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)283 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)342 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)346 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore (France)347 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy (France)349 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Mondree:
- Closest city locationCherbourg (France)9 mi
- Second closest city locationSaint Helier (United Kingdom)45 mi
- Third closest city locationCaen (France)60 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLe Havre (France)71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChristchurch (United Kingdom)73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Mondree is Maupertus (Cherbourg) Airport (CER) in France, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Mondree is Jersey Airport (JER) in England, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Guernsey Airport (GCI) in Guernsey Isld., 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Carpiquet (Caen) Airport (CFR) in France is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Octeville (Le Havre) Airport (LEH), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to La Mondree and is 113 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Mondree, Normandy. Use the tab navigation above to view La Mondree sea temperature, La Mondree photographs, La Mondree detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Mondree webcams, current wind from Normandy live weather stations and La Mondree tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Mondree.