La Mondree Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.6 °C
La Mondree in Normandyis a beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds are from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. The location means that it never gets crowded. Beware of .
For Tourlaville, 10 km from La Mondree.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cherbourg/Mauper Airport, 7 km from La Mondree.
|light winds from the SW|
At Channel Islands Buoy, 66 miles from La Mondree.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall La Mondree Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at La Mondree through a typical... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Mondree surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Normandy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Mondree
Tide stations nearest to La Mondree:
- Closest tide stationTourlaville6 mi
- Second closest tide stationCherbourg7 mi
- Third closest tide stationOcteville10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuerqueville11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands46 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Mondree:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)283 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)342 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)346 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore347 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy349 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Mondree:
- Closest city locationCherbourg9 mi
- Second closest city locationSaint Helier (United Kingdom)45 mi
- Third closest city locationCaen60 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLe Havre71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChristchurch (United Kingdom)73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Mondree is Maupertus (Cherbourg) Airport (CER) in France, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Mondree is Jersey Airport (JER) in England, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Guernsey Airport (GCI) in Guernsey Isld., 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Carpiquet (Caen) Airport (CFR) in France is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Octeville (Le Havre) Airport (LEH), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to La Mondree and is 113 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Mondree, Normandy. Use the tab navigation above to view La Mondree sea temperature, La Mondree photographs, La Mondree detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Mondree webcams, current wind from Normandy live weather stations and La Mondree tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Mondree.