La Mesita Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
La Mesita in Manabi is an exposed point break that has inconsistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the optimum conditions. Offshore winds are from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest.Surfers ride left hand point. Rarely crowded here. Beware of sharks and rocks.
Overall La Mesita Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at La Mesita through an average... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Mesita surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Mesita
Visitor Reviews of La Mesita
Tide stations nearest to La Mesita:
- Closest tide stationPuerto de Bahia Caraquez8 mi
- Second closest tide stationManta24 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedernales61 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto Lopez66 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMuisne94 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Mesita:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)615 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1379 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)2305 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2323 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2324 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Mesita:
- Closest city locationBahia de Caraques (Ecuador)7 mi
- Second closest city locationChone (Ecuador)27 mi
- Third closest city locationManta (Ecuador)27 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortoviejo (Ecuador)30 mi
- Fifth closest city locationJipijapa (Ecuador)45 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Mesita is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Mesita is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador, 177 km (110 miles) away.
- General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador is 178 km (111 miles) away.
- Chachoan (Ambato) Airport (ATF), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to La Mesita and is 221 km (137 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Mesita, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view La Mesita sea temperature, La Mesita photographs, La Mesita detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Mesita webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and La Mesita tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Mesita.