La Jolla Shores Spot ID
Photo credit: Amanda Barnett Rimmer
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.3 °C
La Jolla Shores in San Diego Countyis a beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For La Jolla, Scripps Pier, California, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-LJAC1, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|light winds from the WSW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 52 miles from La Jolla Shores.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||9||16|
Overall La Jolla Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at La Jolla Shores thro... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Jolla Shores surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Jolla Shores
- The closest passenger airport to La Jolla Shores is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Jolla Shores is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 15 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 18 km (11 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 44 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to La Jolla Shores and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Jolla Shores, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view La Jolla Shores sea temperature, La Jolla Shores photographs, La Jolla Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Jolla Shores webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and La Jolla Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Jolla Shores.