La Jolla Shores Spot ID
Photo credit: Amanda Barnett Rimmer
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.5 °C
La Jolla Shores in San Diego Countyis a beach break. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For La Jolla, Scripps Pier, California, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-LJAC1, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|moderate winds from the SW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 52 miles from La Jolla Shores.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||17||17|
Overall La Jolla Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at La Jolla Shores through a typical ... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Jolla Shores surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Jolla Shores
Tide stations nearest to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay6 mi
- Third closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSolana Beach9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Diego11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley94 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy96 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain97 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit97 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain103 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest city locationSan Diego6 mi
- Second closest city locationEncinitas12 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Mesa15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPoway15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLemon Grove16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Jolla Shores is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Jolla Shores is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 15 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 18 km (11 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 44 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to La Jolla Shores and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Jolla Shores, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view La Jolla Shores sea temperature, La Jolla Shores photographs, La Jolla Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Jolla Shores webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and La Jolla Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Jolla Shores.