La Jolla Shores Spot ID
Photo credit: Amanda Barnett Rimmer
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.5 °C
La Jolla Shores in San Diego Countyis a beach break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For La Jolla, Scripps Pier, California, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At La Jolla wx, 0 km from La Jolla Shores.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 52 miles from La Jolla Shores.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||16||15||15|
Overall La Jolla Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at La Jolla Shores over a norma... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Jolla Shores surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Jolla Shores
- The closest passenger airport to La Jolla Shores is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Jolla Shores is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 15 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 18 km (11 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 44 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to La Jolla Shores and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Jolla Shores, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view La Jolla Shores sea temperature, La Jolla Shores photographs, La Jolla Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Jolla Shores webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and La Jolla Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Jolla Shores.