La Jolla Shores Spot ID
Photo credit: Amanda Barnett Rimmer
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
La Jolla Shores in San Diego Countyis a beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For La Jolla, Scripps Pier, California, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-LJAC1, 1 km from La Jolla Shores.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 52 miles from La Jolla Shores.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||16||16||16|
Overall La Jolla Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at La Jolla Shores through an... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Jolla Shores surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Jolla Shores
Tide stations nearest to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay6 mi
- Third closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSolana Beach9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Diego11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)94 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)96 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)97 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)97 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)103 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Jolla Shores:
- Closest city locationSan Diego (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationEncinitas (United States)12 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Mesa (United States)15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPoway (United States)15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLemon Grove (United States)16 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Jolla Shores, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view La Jolla Shores sea temperature, La Jolla Shores photographs, La Jolla Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Jolla Shores webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and La Jolla Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Jolla Shores.