La Isla Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.3 °C
La Isla in Atacama is an exposed point break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest.The break here is a left hand point. Best around low tide. Rarely crowded here. Take care of rips, rocks,jetty.
Overall La Isla Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at La Isla through a typical Novemb... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Isla surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Atacama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Isla
Tide stations nearest to La Isla:
- Closest tide stationArica1 mi
- Second closest tide stationIlo86 mi
- Third closest tide stationPacocha90 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIquique121 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta de Bombon132 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Isla:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)199 mi
- Second closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)810 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)980 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)989 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)992 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Isla:
- Closest city locationArica (Chile)3 mi
- Second closest city locationTacna (Peru)34 mi
- Third closest city locationIlo (Peru)86 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoquegua (Peru)97 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIquique (Chile)123 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to La Isla is Chacalluta (Arica) Airport (ARI) in Chile, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to La Isla is Coronel Fap Carlos Ciriani Santa Rosa (Tacna) Airport (TCQ) in Peru, 48 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Isla, Atacama. Use the tab navigation above to view La Isla sea temperature, La Isla photographs, La Isla detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Isla webcams, current wind from Atacama live weather stations and La Isla tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Isla.