La Govelle Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.1 °C
La Govelle in Brittany is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. There is no beach break and there are also right and left reef breaks (right is best).. Best around high tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall La Govelle Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at La Govelle through a typical O... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Govelle surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Loire Atlantique surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Govelle
- The closest passenger airport to La Govelle is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Govelle is Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE), also in France, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE) in France, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Lann Bihoue (Lorient) Airport (LRT) in France is 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to La Govelle and is 105 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Govelle, Loire Atlantique. Use the tab navigation above to view La Govelle sea temperature, La Govelle photographs, La Govelle detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Govelle webcams, current wind from Loire Atlantique live weather stations and La Govelle tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Govelle.