La Esmeralda Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
La Esmeralda Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.8 °C
La Esmeralda in Sucre is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rips and sharks.
Overall La Esmeralda Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the range of swells directed at La Esmeralda through an average May, b... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Esmeralda surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sucre surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Esmeralda
Visitor Reviews of La Esmeralda
“Zona del Estado Sucre muy bonita por sus playas y paisajes. Muy buen ligar para descansar e ir de playa. Los invito...”
José Ramón Tineo Tormes from VENEZUELA - 20 May 2013
Tide stations nearest to La Esmeralda:
- Closest tide stationCarupano18 mi
- Second closest tide stationPorlamar31 mi
- Third closest tide stationJuan Griego42 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCumaná48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta Gorda68 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Esmeralda:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1677 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1904 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)2081 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)2088 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)2096 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Esmeralda:
- Closest city locationCarupano (Venezuela)18 mi
- Second closest city locationPorlamar (Venezuela)31 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Asuncion (Venezuela)36 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJuan Griego (Venezuela)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCumana (Venezuela)48 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Esmeralda is General Jose Francisco Bermudez (Carupano) Airport (CUP) in Venezuela, 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Esmeralda is Del Caribe International Gen Santago Marino (Porlamar) Airport (PMV), also in Venezuela, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Antonio Jose De Sucre (Cumana) Airport (CUM) in Venezuela, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Maturin Airport (MUN) in Venezuela is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Guiria Airport (GUI), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to La Esmeralda and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Esmeralda, Sucre. Use the tab navigation above to view La Esmeralda sea temperature, La Esmeralda photographs, La Esmeralda detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Esmeralda webcams, current wind from Sucre live weather stations and La Esmeralda tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Esmeralda.