La Esmeralda Spot ID
Photo credit: Luis Jimenez
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.6 °C
La Esmeralda in Sucre is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rips and sharks.
Overall La Esmeralda Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at La Esmeralda over a normal Mar... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Esmeralda surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sucre surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Esmeralda
Ski Resorts closest to La Esmeralda:
- The closest passenger airport to La Esmeralda is General Jose Francisco Bermudez (Carupano) Airport (CUP) in Venezuela, 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Esmeralda is Del Caribe International Gen Santago Marino (Porlamar) Airport (PMV), also in Venezuela, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Antonio Jose De Sucre (Cumana) Airport (CUM) in Venezuela, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Maturin Airport (MUN) in Venezuela is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Guiria Airport (GUI), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to La Esmeralda and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Esmeralda, Sucre. Use the tab navigation above to view La Esmeralda sea temperature, La Esmeralda photographs, La Esmeralda detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Esmeralda webcams, current wind from Sucre live weather stations and La Esmeralda tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Esmeralda.