La Boya Spot ID
Photo credit: juanto
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
La Boya in South Uruguay is an exposed reef break that has dependable surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the south. Both left and right reef breaks. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall La Boya Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture shows the range of swells directed at La Boya over a normal November and i... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Boya surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Boya
Tide stations nearest to La Boya:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado6 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este7 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco69 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMontevideo78 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Boya:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)848 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)863 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)874 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)875 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLagunillas Ski Center (Chile)886 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Boya:
- Closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)6 mi
- Second closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)41 mi
- Third closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)44 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMontevideo (Uruguay)76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLas Piedras (Uruguay)80 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Boya is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Boya is Carrasco International (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Angel S Adami (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 131 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Boya, South. Use the tab navigation above to view La Boya sea temperature, La Boya photographs, La Boya detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Boya webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and La Boya tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Boya.