La Barra Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.2 °C
La Barra in Gran Canaria is an exposed beach and reef break that is often working, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves as well as left and right hand reef breaks.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of .
For Puerto de la Luz, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, 2 km from La Barra.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Telde Islas Cararias, 16 km from La Barra.
|moderate winds from the NNW|
Overall La Barra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at La Barra through an aver... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Barra surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gran Canaria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Barra
Tide stations nearest to La Barra:
- Closest tide stationPuerto de la Luz, Gran Canaria1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCanarias2 mi
- Third closest tide stationArucas6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGaldar13 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAgaete17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to La Barra:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)499 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)712 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)935 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)960 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)1010 mi
Town and city forecasts close to La Barra:
- Closest city locationLas Palmas (Spain)2 mi
- Second closest city locationArucas (Spain)6 mi
- Third closest city locationTelde (Spain)10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIngenio (Spain)15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAguimes (Spain)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to La Barra is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Barra is Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN), also in Canary Islands, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Tenerife Sur Airport (TFS) in Canary Islands, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands is 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE), also in Canary Islands is the fifth nearest airport to La Barra and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Barra, Gran Canaria. Use the tab navigation above to view La Barra sea temperature, La Barra photographs, La Barra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Barra webcams, current wind from Gran Canaria live weather stations and La Barra tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Barra.