La Baie Des Sables Spot ID
Photo credit: nhuet02
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.1 °C
La Baie Des Sables in Vendeeis a sandbar break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The sandbar break provides left and right handers. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of .
Overall La Baie Des Sables Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at La Baie Des Sables through an av... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single La Baie Des Sables surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vendee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of La Baie Des Sables
- The closest passenger airport to La Baie Des Sables is Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to La Baie Des Sables is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is St Agnant (Rochefort) Airport (RCO) in France, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Le Pontreau (Cholet) Airport (CET) in France is 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to La Baie Des Sables and is 95 km (59 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for La Baie Des Sables, Vendee. Use the tab navigation above to view La Baie Des Sables sea temperature, La Baie Des Sables photographs, La Baie Des Sables detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, La Baie Des Sables webcams, current wind from Vendee live weather stations and La Baie Des Sables tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around La Baie Des Sables.