Kuta Reef Spot ID
Photo credit: Eggs
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.6 °C
Kuta Reef in Bali (Kuta) is an exposed reef break that is usually a safe bet. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the optimum time of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A left hand reef break. It's often crowded here. Hazards include rips and pollution.
Overall Kuta Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Kuta Reef through a ... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kuta Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bali - Kuta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kuta Reef
Tide stations nearest to Kuta Reef:
- Closest tide stationDenpasar6 mi
- Second closest tide stationBanjar39 mi
- Third closest tide stationSingaraja43 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMataram66 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWongsorejo73 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kuta Reef:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2764 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2764 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2773 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2774 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2775 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kuta Reef:
- Closest city locationDenpasar (Indonesia)6 mi
- Second closest city locationTabanan (Indonesia)13 mi
- Third closest city locationKlungkung (Indonesia)21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBanjar (Indonesia)39 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSingaraja (Indonesia)43 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Kuta Reef is Bali International (Denpasar) Airport (DPS) in Indonesia, which is 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Kuta Reef is Selaparang (Mataram) Airport (AMI), also in Indonesia, 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kuta Reef, Bali - Kuta. Use the tab navigation above to view Kuta Reef sea temperature, Kuta Reef photographs, Kuta Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kuta Reef webcams, current wind from Bali - Kuta live weather stations and Kuta Reef tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kuta Reef.