Kuminatu Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Kuminatu in Kanagawa and Chiba is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. When it's working here, it can get crowded. The water quality here is rather suspect.
Overall Kuminatu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Kuminatu over a normal August an... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kuminatu surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Chiba surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kuminatu
- The closest passenger airport to Kuminatu is Tokyo International Airport (HND) in Japan, 63 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kuminatu is New Tokyo International Airport (NRT), also in Japan, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Oshima Airport (OIM) in Japan, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Yokota Ab Airport (OKO) in Japan is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Miyakejima Airport (MMY), also in Japan is the fifth nearest airport to Kuminatu and is 132 km (82 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kuminatu, Chiba. Use the tab navigation above to view Kuminatu sea temperature, Kuminatu photographs, Kuminatu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kuminatu webcams, current wind from Chiba live weather stations and Kuminatu tide predictions. The Japan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Japan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Japan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kuminatu.