Kudat Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.9 °C
Kudat in Borneois a beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Offshore winds blow from the south. The best swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The location means that it never gets crowded. Beware of .
Overall Kudat Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Kudat over a normal October. ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kudat surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Borneo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kudat
Visitor Reviews of Kudat
“We have now started the first surf school here in Kudat with approval now to teach surfing to all who want to have the best fun in learning to surf.
Surf to the Max surf school T.M.H HAS A QUALIFIED LEVEL ONE SURF COACH, with 35 years experience in surfing. The school provides all the right surfboards for learning and is ready for bookings via our contact mobile 0138759992 our website is being made as we speak.
Regards Bibi (SURF to the MAX)
The waves here are perfect for learning in a very safe part of the TIP of BORNEO. The beach is beautiful and white and the water clear and blue. The waves come fairly regularly and the season is longer than mainland Malaysia , we have waves from June to September which is the South West monsoon and again in October to February, which is the North East monsoon; the pick being the holiday season Nov to Jan for consistency.
It's not like Bali: the waves are intermediate level safe when you are taught with the correct methods like ours at SURF to the MAX , SEE YOU THERE. Surfing is the best fun in the world.”
Bibiana Zeno Akin from MALAYSIA - 05 Aug 2013
Tide stations nearest to Kudat:
- Closest tide stationKudat13 mi
- Second closest tide stationBalabac70 mi
- Third closest tide stationKota Kinabalu86 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKinarut96 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPapar106 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kudat:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)1993 mi
- Second closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)2010 mi
- Third closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)2012 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)2026 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSol-Fa (Japan)2103 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kudat:
- Closest city locationKudat (Malaysia)13 mi
- Second closest city locationKota Kinabalu (Malaysia)85 mi
- Third closest city locationDonggongon (Malaysia)89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPutatan (Malaysia)89 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKeningau (Malaysia)124 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Kudat is Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) in Malaysia, which is 144 km (89 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Kudat is Labuan Airport (LBU), also in Malaysia, 253 km (157 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kudat, Borneo. Use the tab navigation above to view Kudat sea temperature, Kudat photographs, Kudat detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kudat webcams, current wind from Borneo live weather stations and Kudat tide predictions. The Malaysia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Malaysia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Malaysia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kudat.