Krui Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Indonesia – Sumatra – Mainland)
Krui Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.7 °C
Krui in Sumatra is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. There is a left hand reef break. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Krui Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Krui through an average April. It i... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Krui surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sumatra - Mainland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Krui
Visitor Reviews of Krui
“Great place for empty waves, although getting slightly more known now there is still loads of waves to find.
I stayed at The Mandiri Beach Club with the English Boys, really cool vibes, the boys know of loads of little secret gems, fair play to them it doesn't sound like it has been easy setting up their business due to the American (kruisurf.com) who allegedly tried unsuccessfully to steal everything from them, but Karma has finally caught up with him and looks like he's being deported, unlucky for him he apparently has a warrant for his arrest in America as well, looks like the whole place will be a better place without him, cant wait to get back there at the end of the year.”
John from AUSTRALIA - 03 Apr 2011
Tide stations nearest to Krui:
- Closest tide stationBandar Lampung96 mi
- Second closest tide stationBengkulu149 mi
- Third closest tide stationLabuhan155 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationJakarta205 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTanjung Priok212 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Krui:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2952 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)3080 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)3132 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)3135 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)3165 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Krui:
- Closest city locationKotabumi (Indonesia)71 mi
- Second closest city locationBaturaja (Indonesia)75 mi
- Third closest city locationTanjungagung (Indonesia)87 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPagaralam (Indonesia)93 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTerbanggi-besar (Indonesia)93 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Krui is Padang Kemiling (Bengkulu) Airport (BKS) in Indonesia, which is 229 km (142 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Krui is Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin Ii (Palembang) Airport (PLM), also in Indonesia, 269 km (167 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Krui, Sumatra - Mainland. Use the tab navigation above to view Krui sea temperature, Krui photographs, Krui detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Krui webcams, current wind from Sumatra - Mainland live weather stations and Krui tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Krui.