Kogalla Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.6 °C
Kogalla in SW is an exposed reef and point break that only works once in a while. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Sometimes crowded. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Kogalla Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Kogalla through an average J... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kogalla surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kogalla
Visitor Reviews of Kogalla
Tide stations nearest to Kogalla:
- Closest tide stationGalle7 mi
- Second closest tide stationWeligama7 mi
- Third closest tide stationMatara16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAmbalangoda24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTangalla33 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kogalla:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)1700 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)1755 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)1828 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)1832 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)1977 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kogalla:
- Closest city locationGalle (Sri Lanka)6 mi
- Second closest city locationMatara (Sri Lanka)16 mi
- Third closest city locationBentota (Sri Lanka)37 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBeruwala (Sri Lanka)40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKalutara (Sri Lanka)48 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Kogalla is Colombo Ratmalana Airport (RML) in Sri Lanka, which is 104 km (65 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Kogalla is Bandaranaike International (Colombo) Airport (CMB), also in Sri Lanka, 141 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kogalla, West. Use the tab navigation above to view Kogalla sea temperature, Kogalla photographs, Kogalla detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kogalla webcams, current wind from West live weather stations and Kogalla tide predictions. The Sri Lanka swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Sri Lanka and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Sri Lanka wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kogalla.