Kirra Spot ID
Photo credit: O'Ds Surf Photography
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.5 °C
Kirra on the Gold Coast is a very sheltered point/Groyne break that has fairly consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the south. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Watch out for sharks, rips and rocks.
Overall Kirra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image describes the range of swells directed at Kirra through a typical August. It... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kirra surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to QLD - Gold Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kirra
Visitor Reviews of Kirra
Tide stations nearest to Kirra:
- Closest tide stationPoint Danger1 mi
- Second closest tide stationTweed River1 mi
- Third closest tide stationBanora Point3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKingscliff7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVarsity Lakes9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kirra:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)612 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)643 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)647 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)652 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)703 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kirra:
- Closest city locationBanora Point (Australia)3 mi
- Second closest city locationGold Coast (Australia)16 mi
- Third closest city locationSouthport (Australia)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLogan City (Australia)45 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLismore (Australia)47 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kirra is Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport (OOL) in Australia, which is 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kirra is Brisbane International Airport (BNE), also in Australia, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Maroochydore Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY), also in Australia, 179 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kirra, QLD - Gold Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Kirra sea temperature, Kirra photographs, Kirra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kirra webcams, current wind from QLD - Gold Coast live weather stations and Kirra tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kirra.