Kings Rock Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.0 °C
Kings Rock in Douro and Minho is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The reef breaks are all lefts. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Watch out for .
Overall Kings Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Kings Rock through an av... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kings Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Douro & Minho surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kings Rock
Tide stations nearest to Kings Rock:
- Closest tide stationViana do Castelo3 mi
- Second closest tide stationEsposende14 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedroso22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPovoa de Varzim24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVila do Conde26 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kings Rock:
- Closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)89 mi
- Second closest ski areaSerra da Estrela117 mi
- Third closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)149 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)181 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)191 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kings Rock:
- Closest city locationEsposende14 mi
- Second closest city locationEsposende14 mi
- Third closest city locationPonte do Lima15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPovoa de Varzim24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBraga25 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kings Rock is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 55 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kings Rock is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Vila Real Airport (VRL) in Acores, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain is 136 km (84 miles) away.
- A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Kings Rock and is 180 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kings Rock, Douro & Minho. Use the tab navigation above to view Kings Rock sea temperature, Kings Rock photographs, Kings Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kings Rock webcams, current wind from Douro & Minho live weather stations and Kings Rock tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kings Rock.