Kidds Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.9 °C
Kidds Beach in Port Alfred is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Able to handle light onshore wind Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rips and sharks.
Overall Kidds Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Kidds Beach over a normal May, ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kidds Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape - Wild Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kidds Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Kidds Beach is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kidds Beach is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa, 156 km (97 miles) away.
- Umtata Airport (UTT) in South Africa is 199 km (124 miles) away.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Kidds Beach and is 215 km (134 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kidds Beach, Eastern Cape - Wild Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Kidds Beach sea temperature, Kidds Beach photographs, Kidds Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kidds Beach webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape - Wild Coast live weather stations and Kidds Beach tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kidds Beach.