Kerloch Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.5 °C
Kerloch in Brittany is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Take care of rips and pollution.
Overall Kerloch Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Kerloch through a typical December, ba... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kerloch surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Brittany - Finistere surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kerloch
Visitor Reviews of Kerloch
“Although I've only been surfing the Presqu'ile spots frequently for a few months, when it's on, Kerloch is my favourite.
This is a great spot for beginner and intermediate level surfers. The surf is consistent, but the waves are quite slow to build and can often be tricky to catch without a lot of paddling, hence the spot's popularity with longboarders. Being a beach break, you'd expect the waves to close out quickly but it offers decent rides left and right when the conditions are good.
Access is easy with two small car parks right next to the beach where the main road runs past. There is a cafe next to the beach that only opens in high season, but Cameret-Sur-Mer and Crozon/Morgat are not far away, both of which have full amenities. Can get a little crowded.”
Mike C from FRANCE - 08 Jun 2015
Tide stations nearest to Kerloch:
- Closest tide stationCrozon4 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrest7 mi
- Third closest tide stationBrest10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPlougastel-Daoulas12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLe Relecq-Kerhuon12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kerloch:
- Closest ski areaPicos De Europa (Spain)351 mi
- Second closest ski areaLunada (Spain)355 mi
- Third closest ski areaAlto Campoo (Spain)360 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)361 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)363 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kerloch:
- Closest city locationBrest (France)10 mi
- Second closest city locationBrest-Bretagne Airport (France)15 mi
- Third closest city locationQuimper (France)28 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLorient (France)66 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSaint-Brieuc (France)85 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kerloch is Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kerloch is Pluguffan (Quimper) Airport (UIP), also in France, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Ploujean (Morlaix) Airport (MXN) in France, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Lannion Airport (LAI) in France is 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Lann Bihoue (Lorient) Airport (LRT), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Kerloch and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kerloch, Brittany - Finistere. Use the tab navigation above to view Kerloch sea temperature, Kerloch photographs, Kerloch detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kerloch webcams, current wind from Brittany - Finistere live weather stations and Kerloch tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kerloch.