Kellys Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.3 °C
Kellys Beach in Port Alfred is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the west northwest. Easily blown out by onshore winds Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include sharks and rocks.
Overall Kellys Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Kellys Beach over a normal March, ba... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kellys Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape (S) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kellys Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Kellys Beach is Bisho Airport (VIY) in South Africa, 98 km (61 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kellys Beach is Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Third is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Umtata Airport (UTT), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Kellys Beach and is 297 km (184 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kellys Beach, Eastern Cape (S). Use the tab navigation above to view Kellys Beach sea temperature, Kellys Beach photographs, Kellys Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kellys Beach webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape (S) live weather stations and Kellys Beach tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kellys Beach.