Kellys Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.3 °C
Kellys Beach in Port Alfred is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the west northwest. Easily blown out by onshore winds Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include sharks and rocks.
Overall Kellys Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Kellys Beach through an averag... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kellys Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape (S) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kellys Beach
Visitor Reviews of Kellys Beach
Tide stations nearest to Kellys Beach:
- Closest tide stationPort Alfred9 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Elizabeth67 mi
- Third closest tide stationEast London81 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKnysna213 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Saint Johns216 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kellys Beach:
- Closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)218 mi
- Second closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)354 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)408 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCerro Castor (Argentina)4615 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Hermon (Israel)4667 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kellys Beach:
- Closest city locationFort Beaufort (South Africa)60 mi
- Second closest city locationBisho (South Africa)61 mi
- Third closest city locationPort Elizabeth (South Africa)68 mi
- Fourth closest city locationUitenhage (South Africa)77 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEast London (South Africa)81 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kellys Beach is Bisho Airport (VIY) in South Africa, 98 km (61 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kellys Beach is Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Third is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Umtata Airport (UTT), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Kellys Beach and is 297 km (184 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kellys Beach, Eastern Cape (S). Use the tab navigation above to view Kellys Beach sea temperature, Kellys Beach photographs, Kellys Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kellys Beach webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape (S) live weather stations and Kellys Beach tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kellys Beach.