Kealia Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.9 °C
Kealia in Kauai is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and in addition there are both left and right reef breaks.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Kealia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Kealia over a normal March... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kealia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Kaua'i surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kealia
- The closest passenger airport to Kealia is Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl., 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kealia is Barking Sands Pmrf Airport (BKH), also in Usa Kauai Isl., 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl. is 167 km (104 miles) away.
- Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kealia and is 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kealia, HAW - Kaua'i. Use the tab navigation above to view Kealia sea temperature, Kealia photographs, Kealia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kealia webcams, current wind from HAW - Kaua'i live weather stations and Kealia tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kealia.