Kealia Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Kealia in Kauai is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and in addition there are both left and right reef breaks.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Kealia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Kealia over a normal August an... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kealia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Kaua'i surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kealia
Visitor Reviews of Kealia
Tide stations nearest to Kealia:
- Closest tide stationKapaa2 mi
- Second closest tide stationHanamaulu Bay, Kauai Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationNawiliwili11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHanalei Bay, Kauai Island15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Allen, Hanapepe Bay, Kauai Island22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kealia:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2524 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2532 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2551 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2576 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)2577 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kealia:
- Closest city locationMililani Town (United States)95 mi
- Second closest city locationWaipahu (United States)97 mi
- Third closest city locationPearl City (United States)98 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaimalu (United States)100 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)108 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kealia is Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl., 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kealia is Barking Sands Pmrf Airport (BKH), also in Usa Kauai Isl., 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl. is 167 km (104 miles) away.
- Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kealia and is 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kealia, HAW - Kaua'i. Use the tab navigation above to view Kealia sea temperature, Kealia photographs, Kealia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kealia webcams, current wind from HAW - Kaua'i live weather stations and Kealia tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kealia.