Katwijk aan Zee Spot ID
Photo credit: Nick Russill
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Katwijk aan Zee on the West Coast is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Ideal winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Katwijk aan Zee Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Katwijk aan Zee over a normal Septe... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Katwijk aan Zee surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Netherlands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Katwijk aan Zee
Ski Resorts closest to Katwijk aan Zee:
- The closest passenger airport to Katwijk aan Zee is Valkenburg Airport (LID) in Netherlands, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Katwijk aan Zee is Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport (AMS), also in Netherlands, 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Rotterdam Airport (RTM) in Netherlands, 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Soesterberg Airport (UTC) in Netherlands is 60 km (37 miles) away.
- De Kooy Airport (DHR), also in Netherlands is the fifth nearest airport to Katwijk aan Zee and is 82 km (51 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Katwijk aan Zee, Netherlands. Use the tab navigation above to view Katwijk aan Zee sea temperature, Katwijk aan Zee photographs, Katwijk aan Zee detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Katwijk aan Zee webcams, current wind from Netherlands live weather stations and Katwijk aan Zee tide predictions. The Netherlands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Netherlands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Netherlands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Katwijk aan Zee.