Karang Nyimbor Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.7 °C
Karang Nyimbor in Sumatra is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest.The waves is a point break that peels left. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Karang Nyimbor Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Karang Nyimbor through a typical... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Karang Nyimbor surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sumatra - Mainland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Karang Nyimbor
Visitor Reviews of Karang Nyimbor
“Just want to drop a quick reply about South Sumatra... there has already been a lot of info given and most of it is true, but to keep everyone up to speed... Andy the Yank is gone, gone, gone. Karang Nyimbor Hotel now has a new owner and agent, As those that have already stay there know, it is one of the best places to stay on Unjung Bocur Point. Check it out
on facebook: Karang Nyimbor Hotel
and send an email if you want any more info. Longest left in front of the Hotel and other waves in the area if it feels too big... it is a beautiful part of the world with friendly locals; well worth a look!”
steve from AUSTRALIA - 25 Apr 2013
Tide stations nearest to Karang Nyimbor:
- Closest tide stationBandar Lampung90 mi
- Second closest tide stationLabuhan146 mi
- Third closest tide stationBengkulu158 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationJakarta198 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTanjung Priok205 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Karang Nyimbor:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2961 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)3089 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)3141 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)3144 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)3168 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Karang Nyimbor:
- Closest city locationKotabumi70 mi
- Second closest city locationBaturaja81 mi
- Third closest city locationTanjung Karang90 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTerbanggi-besar91 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMetro91 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Karang Nyimbor is Padang Kemiling (Bengkulu) Airport (BKS) in Indonesia, which is 243 km (151 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Karang Nyimbor is Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin Ii (Palembang) Airport (PLM), also in Indonesia, 279 km (173 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Karang Nyimbor, Sumatra - Mainland. Use the tab navigation above to view Karang Nyimbor sea temperature, Karang Nyimbor photographs, Karang Nyimbor detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Karang Nyimbor webcams, current wind from Sumatra - Mainland live weather stations and Karang Nyimbor tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Karang Nyimbor.