Kanegahama Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.8 °C
Kanegahama in Kyu Shu is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Kanegahama Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Kanegahama over a normal Novembe... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kanegahama surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kyu Shu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kanegahama
Tide stations nearest to Kanegahama:
- Closest tide stationMimitu2 mi
- Second closest tide stationHososima6 mi
- Third closest tide stationTotoro10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNobeoka17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTakanabe17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kanegahama:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)33 mi
- Second closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)48 mi
- Third closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSol-Fa (Japan)108 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)110 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kanegahama:
- Closest city locationNobeoka (Japan)17 mi
- Second closest city locationTsuma (Japan)22 mi
- Third closest city locationMiyazaki-shi (Japan)32 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaiki (Japan)44 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKobayashi (Japan)46 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kanegahama is Miyazaki Airport (KMI) in Japan, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kanegahama is Kumamoto Airport (KMJ), also in Japan, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Third is Kagoshima Airport (KOJ) in Japan, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Oita Airport (OIT) in Japan is 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Nagasaki Airport (NGS), also in Japan is the fifth nearest airport to Kanegahama and is 171 km (106 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kanegahama, Kyu Shu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kanegahama sea temperature, Kanegahama photographs, Kanegahama detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kanegahama webcams, current wind from Kyu Shu live weather stations and Kanegahama tide predictions. The Japan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Japan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Japan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kanegahama.