Kalamitsi Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Aegean Sea, Greece)
Kalamitsi Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.8 °C
Kalamitsi in Aegean Sea is an exposed beach break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Ideal winds are from the northwest and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Able to handle light onshore wind Short period wind swells are the rule and the best wave direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Aegean Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kalamitsi
Visitor Reviews of Kalamitsi
Tide stations nearest to Kalamitsi:
- Closest tide stationNea Kallikratia53 mi
- Second closest tide stationPotos (Thassos)58 mi
- Third closest tide stationMyrina60 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSkiathos60 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationThermi65 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kalamitsi:
- Closest ski areaPilion (Greece)62 mi
- Second closest ski areaLailias (Greece)93 mi
- Third closest ski areaFalakro Oros (Greece)94 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaElatohori Pierias (Greece)96 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSeli (Greece)111 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kalamitsi:
- Closest city locationVolos (Greece)67 mi
- Second closest city locationKalamaria (Greece)69 mi
- Third closest city locationThessalonika (Greece)71 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSykeai (Greece)72 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPolichni (Greece)73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kalamitsi is Skiathos Airport (JSI) in Greece, 94 km (58 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kalamitsi is Makedonia (Thessaloniki) Airport (SKG), also in Greece, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is Limnos Airport (LXS) in Greece, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Skyros (Skiros) Airport (SKU) in Greece is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Megas Alexandros International (Kavala) Airport (KVA), also in Greece is the fifth nearest airport to Kalamitsi and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kalamitsi, Aegean Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Kalamitsi sea temperature, Kalamitsi photographs, Kalamitsi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kalamitsi webcams, current wind from Aegean Sea live weather stations and Kalamitsi tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kalamitsi.