Kalamitsi Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.7 °C
Kalamitsi in Aegean Sea is an exposed beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northwest and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Surfable in an onshore breeze Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Aegean Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kalamitsi
- The closest passenger airport to Kalamitsi is Skiathos Airport (JSI) in Greece, 94 km (58 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kalamitsi is Makedonia (Thessaloniki) Airport (SKG), also in Greece, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is Limnos Airport (LXS) in Greece, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Skyros (Skiros) Airport (SKU) in Greece is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Megas Alexandros International (Kavala) Airport (KVA), also in Greece is the fifth nearest airport to Kalamitsi and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kalamitsi, Aegean Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Kalamitsi sea temperature, Kalamitsi photographs, Kalamitsi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kalamitsi webcams, current wind from Aegean Sea live weather stations and Kalamitsi tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kalamitsi.