Kalama Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Kalama in Oahu is a quite exposed beach break that is often working and works all around the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of - Sharks.
Overall Kalama Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Kalama over a normal June, b... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kalama surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kalama
Tide stations nearest to Kalama:
- Closest tide stationKailua1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMokuoloe, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaimanalo, Oahu Island6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station'Ahuimanu7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHanauma Bay, Oahu Island9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kalama:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2482 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2488 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2502 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge2524 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2525 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kalama:
- Closest city locationKailua1 mi
- Second closest city locationKane'ohe4 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPearl City15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMililani Town17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kalama is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kalama is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kalama and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kalama, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kalama sea temperature, Kalama photographs, Kalama detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kalama webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Kalama tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kalama.