Kalama Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Kalama in Oahu is a fairly exposed beach break that is often working and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for - Sharks.
Overall Kalama Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Kalama over a normal August and ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kalama surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kalama
- The closest passenger airport to Kalama is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kalama is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kalama and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kalama, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kalama sea temperature, Kalama photographs, Kalama detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kalama webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Kalama tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kalama.