Kalama Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.3 °C
Kalama in Oahu is a quite exposed beach break that has very consistent waves and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Sharks.
Overall Kalama Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Kalama over a normal Decembe... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kalama surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kalama
- The closest passenger airport to Kalama is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kalama is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kalama and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kalama, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kalama sea temperature, Kalama photographs, Kalama detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kalama webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Kalama tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kalama.