Kairaki Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.5 °C
Kairaki Beach in Canterbury is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the west. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.
Overall Kairaki Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Kairaki Beach over a normal June... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kairaki Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Canterbury surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kairaki Beach
Tide stations nearest to Kairaki Beach:
- Closest tide stationKaiapoi4 mi
- Second closest tide stationChristchurch11 mi
- Third closest tide stationLyttelton14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAkaroa30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKaikoura84 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kairaki Beach:
- Closest ski areaCraigieburn54 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Cheeseman54 mi
- Third closest ski areaPorters54 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBroken River55 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Olympus57 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kairaki Beach:
- Closest city locationChristchurch11 mi
- Second closest city locationTimaru101 mi
- Third closest city locationBlenheim144 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNelson149 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWellington180 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kairaki Beach is Christchurch International Airport (CHC) in New Zealand, which is 18 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kairaki Beach is Timaru Airport (TIU), also in New Zealand, 157 km (98 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Hokitika Airport (HKK), also in New Zealand, 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kairaki Beach, Canterbury. Use the tab navigation above to view Kairaki Beach sea temperature, Kairaki Beach photographs, Kairaki Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kairaki Beach webcams, current wind from Canterbury live weather stations and Kairaki Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kairaki Beach.