Kailua Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Kailua Beach in Oahu is an exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast.. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of jellyfsih and rocks.
Overall Kailua Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Kailua Beach through a typic... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kailua Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kailua Beach
Tide stations nearest to Kailua Beach:
- Closest tide stationKailua0 mi
- Second closest tide stationMokuoloe, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaimanalo, Oahu Island6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station'Ahuimanu7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHanauma Bay, Oahu Island9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kailua Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2482 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2488 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2502 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge2524 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2525 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kailua Beach:
- Closest city locationKailua0 mi
- Second closest city locationKane'ohe4 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPearl City15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMililani Town17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kailua Beach is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kailua Beach is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kailua Beach and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kailua Beach, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kailua Beach sea temperature, Kailua Beach photographs, Kailua Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kailua Beach webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Kailua Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kailua Beach.