Kailua Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.0 °C
Kailua Beach in Oahu is an exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast.. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of jellyfsih and rocks.
Overall Kailua Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Kailua Beach over a normal February, b... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kailua Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kailua Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Kailua Beach is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kailua Beach is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kailua Beach and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kailua Beach, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Kailua Beach sea temperature, Kailua Beach photographs, Kailua Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kailua Beach webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Kailua Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kailua Beach.