Kahului Harbor Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Kahului Harbor Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.6 °C
Kahului Harbor in Maui is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south with some shelter here from east winds. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks, locals, pollution and sharks.
For Kahului, Kahului Harbor, Hawaii, 1 km from Kahului Harbor.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-KLIH1, 1 km from Kahului Harbor.
|moderate winds from the ENE|
Overall Kahului Harbor Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Kahului Harbor over a normal May... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Kahului Harbor surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Kahului Harbor
Visitor Reviews of Kahului Harbor
Tide stations nearest to Kahului Harbor:
- Closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKahului3 mi
- Third closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLahaina, Maui Island13 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMakena, Maui Island17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Kahului Harbor:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2447 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2451 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2463 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2480 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)2482 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Kahului Harbor:
- Closest city locationKailua (United States)88 mi
- Second closest city locationHonolulu (United States)92 mi
- Third closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)93 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaimalu (United States)101 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)103 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Kahului Harbor is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Kahului Harbor is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Kahului Harbor and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Kahului Harbor, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Kahului Harbor sea temperature, Kahului Harbor photographs, Kahului Harbor detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Kahului Harbor webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Kahului Harbor tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Kahului Harbor.