K-40 Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.1 °C
K-40 in Baja Norte is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. A choice of left and right reefs. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
For Primo Tapia, 3 km from K-40.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-TIXC1, 42 km from K-40.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 66 miles from K-40.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||16||16||16|
Overall K-40 Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image describes the range of swells directed at K-40 through a typical September a... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single K-40 surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of K-40
Ski Resorts closest to K-40:
- The closest passenger airport to K-40 is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to K-40 is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA is 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to K-40 and is 72 km (45 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for K-40, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view K-40 sea temperature, K-40 photographs, K-40 detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, K-40 webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and K-40 tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around K-40.