K-40 Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.3 °C
K-40 in Baja Norte is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. A choice of left and right reefs. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
For Primo Tapia, 3 km from K-40.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Diego/Brown Field Municipal Airport, 38 km from K-40.
|light winds from the NW|
Dry and cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 66 miles from K-40.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||15|
Overall K-40 Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the combination of swells directed at K-40 through an average July... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ove... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single K-40 surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of K-40
Visitor Reviews of K-40
Tide stations nearest to K-40:
- Closest tide stationPrimo Tapia2 mi
- Second closest tide stationRosarito9 mi
- Third closest tide stationTijuana20 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationChula Vista26 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationImperial Beach26 mi
Ski Resorts closest to K-40:
- Closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)137 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)137 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)137 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)142 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)142 mi
Town and city forecasts close to K-40:
- Closest city locationRosarito (Mexico)9 mi
- Second closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)20 mi
- Third closest city locationChula Vista (United States)26 mi
- Fourth closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)26 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTecate (Mexico)29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to K-40 is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to K-40 is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA is 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to K-40 and is 72 km (45 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for K-40, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view K-40 sea temperature, K-40 photographs, K-40 detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, K-40 webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and K-40 tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around K-40.