K-38 Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.8 °C
K-38 in Baja Norte is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Both left and right reef breaks. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rocks.
For Primo Tapia, 6 km from K-38.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tijuana International Airport, 31 km from K-38.
|light winds from the NNW|
Dry and cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 64 miles from K-38.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||14||15||16|
Overall K-38 Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at K-38 through an average July an... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single K-38 surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of K-38
Visitor Reviews of K-38
“Recent update: The K-38 surfshop owner partnered up with an American investor. They bought out the shop next door, and dropped some serious coin developing a restaurant with chill backyard seating- complete with skate half pipe, ping pong table and several firepits for late night drinks and rice bowls. I think the drinking rating deserves a big bump up.
Accomodations range from $35 a night (longer paddle to the break,) to luxurious 3BR condos at Club Marena that run up to 3 bills nightly (can sleep up to 8 heads though.) baja-rentals.com”
Dan'o M. from MEXICO - 15 Jul 2011
Tide stations nearest to K-38:
- Closest tide stationPrimo Tapia4 mi
- Second closest tide stationRosarito7 mi
- Third closest tide stationTijuana18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImperial Beach24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChula Vista25 mi
Ski Resorts closest to K-38:
- Closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)136 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)136 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)137 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)141 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)142 mi
Town and city forecasts close to K-38:
- Closest city locationRosarito (Mexico)7 mi
- Second closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)18 mi
- Third closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChula Vista (United States)25 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTecate (Mexico)29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to K-38 is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to K-38 is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico is 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to K-38 and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for K-38, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view K-38 sea temperature, K-38 photographs, K-38 detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, K-38 webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and K-38 tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around K-38.