K-181 Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
K-181 in Baja Norte is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. A choice of left and right reefs. Rarely crowded here. Take care of rocks in the line up.
At K-181 (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Esteban Cantu, 49 km from K-181.
|light winds from the SE|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 122 miles from K-181.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||14||13|
Overall K-181 Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at K-181 through a typical Janu... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single K-181 surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of K-181
Ski Resorts closest to K-181:
- The closest passenger airport to K-181 is General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to K-181 is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ), also in Mexico, 144 km (89 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 169 km (105 miles) away.
- San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA is 171 km (106 miles) away.
- Calexico International Airport (CXL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to K-181 and is 174 km (108 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for K-181, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view K-181 sea temperature, K-181 photographs, K-181 detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, K-181 webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and K-181 tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around K-181.