Jordan River Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.5 °C
Jordan River in Vancouver Island is a fairly exposed reef and point break that has reasonably consistent surf The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take special care here if it gets very crowded.
For Point No Point, British Columbia, 1 km from Jordan River.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Sheringham Airport, 3 km from Jordan River.
|light winds from the WNW|
At Neah Bay Buoy, 36 miles from Jordan River.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||9||10||10|
Overall Jordan River Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Jordan River over a normal October and... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jordan River surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vancouver Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jordan River
Visitor Reviews of Jordan River
“Still the best. Stop on the way at Kemp Lake Cafe on Westcoast - very funky, play vinyl, food to go and sex wax. 7875 west coast rd free wifi tons of Vinyl!”
Bc bill from CANADA - 21 Sep 2013
Tide stations nearest to Jordan River:
- Closest tide stationPoint No Point1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSooke11 mi
- Third closest tide stationSooke Basin12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBecher Bay16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTwin Rivers, Strait of Juan de Fuca16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jordan River:
- Closest ski areaHurricane Ridge (United States)34 mi
- Second closest ski areaCypress Mountain (Canada)76 mi
- Third closest ski areaGrouse Mountain (Canada)78 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Seymour (Canada)78 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Baker (United States)101 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jordan River:
- Closest city locationVictoria (Canada)27 mi
- Second closest city locationNorth Cowichan (Canada)33 mi
- Third closest city locationNanaimo (Canada)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRichmond (Canada)66 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWhite Rock (Canada)68 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jordan River is Victoria International Airport (YYJ) in Canada, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jordan River is Port Angeles Cgas Airport (NOW) in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Nanaimo Airport (YCD) in Canada, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Whidbey Island Nas Airport (NUW) in USA is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Jordan River and is 105 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jordan River, Vancouver Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Jordan River sea temperature, Jordan River photographs, Jordan River detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jordan River webcams, current wind from Vancouver Island live weather stations and Jordan River tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jordan River.