Jones Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Jones Beach in Long Island New Yorkis a beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Watch out for - Localism.
For East Rockaway Inlet, Long Island, New York, 1 km from Jones Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New York City/JFK Airport, 6 km from Jones Beach.
|light winds from the W|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 15 miles from Jones Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||10||8||8|
Overall Jones Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Jones Beach over a normal May and... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jones Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jones Beach
Tide stations nearest to Jones Beach:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station3 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jones Beach is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jones Beach is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA), also in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Third is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) in USA is 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Jones Beach and is 54 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jones Beach, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Jones Beach sea temperature, Jones Beach photographs, Jones Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jones Beach webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Jones Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jones Beach.