Jones Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Jones Beach in Long Island New Yorkis a beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Watch out for - Localism.
For East Rockaway Inlet, Long Island, New York, 1 km from Jones Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New York City/JFK Airport, 6 km from Jones Beach.
|light winds from the SSE|
Dry and partly cloudy
At New York Harbour Buoy, 15 miles from Jones Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||11||10|
Overall Jones Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Jones Beach over a normal Augu... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jones Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jones Beach
Tide stations nearest to Jones Beach:
- Closest tide stationEast Rockaway Inlet, Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMotts Basin, Long Island2 mi
- Third closest tide stationWoodmere, Brosewere Bay, Long Island3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationJFK International Airport, Queens4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNorton Point, Head of Bay, Long Island4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jones Beach:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)40 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)46 mi
- Third closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)52 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Peter Ski Area (United States)57 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHidden Valley Club (United States)58 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jones Beach:
- Closest city locationLong Beach (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationJohn F Kennedy International Airport (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationValley Stream (United States)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOceanside (United States)6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationElmont (United States)8 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jones Beach, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Jones Beach sea temperature, Jones Beach photographs, Jones Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jones Beach webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Jones Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jones Beach.