Jetty Spot ID
Photo credit: Kali Monaco @EastCoastKali
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.0 °C
Jetty in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Potunk Point, Moriches Bay, Long Island, New York, 2 km from Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At East Moriches, 6 km from Jetty.
|light winds from the NW|
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 24 miles from Jetty.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Jetty over a normal Octobe... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jetty
Tide stations nearest to Jetty:
- Closest tide stationPotunk Point, Moriches Bay, Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMoriches Coast Guard Station, Long Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoriches Inlet, Long Island5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShinnecock Bay entrance, Shinnecock Bay6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShinnecock Yacht Club, Penniman Creek, Shinnecock Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jetty:
- Closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)49 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)57 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)66 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThunder Ridge (United States)69 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Sundown (United States)77 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jetty:
- Closest city locationShirley (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationCoram (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationHolbrook (United States)22 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCentereach (United States)24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCentral Islip (United States)28 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jetty, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Jetty sea temperature, Jetty photographs, Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jetty webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jetty.