Jetty Spot ID
Photo credit: Kali Monaco @EastCoastKali
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.8 °C
Jetty in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Potunk Point, Moriches Bay, Long Island, New York, 2 km from Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At East Moriches, 6 km from Jetty.
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 24 miles from Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||2||2||3||3|
Overall Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Jetty through an avera... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jetty
Tide stations nearest to Jetty:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jetty is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jetty is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN) in USA is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Jetty and is 96 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jetty, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Jetty sea temperature, Jetty photographs, Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jetty webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jetty.