Jetty Spot ID
Photo credit: Kali Monaco @EastCoastKali
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.5 °C
Jetty in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Potunk Point, Moriches Bay, Long Island, New York, 2 km from Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westhampton Beach/Francis S. Gabreski Airport, 8 km from Jetty.
|light winds from the SSE|
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 24 miles from Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Jetty through an average June. It ... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jetty
Tide stations nearest to Jetty:
- Closest tide stationPotunk Point, Moriches Bay, Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMoriches Coast Guard Station, Long Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoriches Inlet, Long Island5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShinnecock Bay entrance, Shinnecock Bay6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShinnecock Yacht Club, Penniman Creek, Shinnecock Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jetty:
- Closest ski areaPowder Ridge49 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area57 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center66 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThunder Ridge69 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Sundown77 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jetty:
- Closest city locationShirley11 mi
- Second closest city locationCoram19 mi
- Third closest city locationHolbrook22 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCentereach24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCentral Islip28 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jetty is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jetty is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN) in USA is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Jetty and is 96 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jetty, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Jetty sea temperature, Jetty photographs, Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jetty webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jetty.