Jennette's Pier Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
Jennette's Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.0 °C
Jennettes Pier in North Carolina is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Jennette's Pier, North Carolina, 3 km from Jennette's Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Manteo/Dare County Airport, 8 km from Jennette's Pier.
|moderate winds from the SSW|
At Virginia Beach Buoy, 63 miles from Jennette's Pier.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||8||8||7|
Overall Jennette's Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Jennette's Pier through an average May.... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jennette's Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jennette's Pier
Visitor Reviews of Jennette's Pier
“I was at Jennets pier, paid my 12 dollars to fish and was on the end of the pier. I agree it is partitioned off for pin rigs etc. But on Sunday July 22 2012 my cousin and I were at the end of the pier fishing and some local big shot comes up and says you got to move your poles out of the way this is just for pin fishing in a rude manner. I went to the front desk and asked if he can just go out there and move other peoples poles out of the way and proclaim his right to be where other people were fishing they did not know the rules. then security came out at my request and started talking and joking with the rude person. I will recommend anyone that likes to fish at the end of the pier to go to another that when you pay you can fish where you find a spot so some local big shot cant move you out of the way I will never go back to Jennets pier and will tell all my friends and relatives not to patronise that pier. they get a bad reputation from me also my cousin is a stage 4 cancer patient and had to listen to that rude jerk. Do not go to Jennets pier.”
avebearc from UNITED STATES - 22 Jul 2012
Tide stations nearest to Jennette's Pier:
- Closest tide stationJennette's Pier2 mi
- Second closest tide stationKill Devil Hills7 mi
- Third closest tide stationRoanoke Sound Channel9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOregon Inlet Marina10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOld House Channel11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jennette's Pier:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)226 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)245 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort (United States)262 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area (United States)273 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Liberty (United States)282 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jennette's Pier:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach (United States)67 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake (United States)72 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk (United States)73 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth (United States)74 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights (United States)75 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jennettes Pier is Elizabeth City Cgas Rgnl Airport (ECG) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jennettes Pier is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU), also in USA, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk International Airport (ORF) in USA, 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA is 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Jennettes Pier and is 144 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jennette's Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Jennette's Pier sea temperature, Jennette's Pier photographs, Jennette's Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jennette's Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Jennette's Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jennette's Pier.