Jaws Spot ID
Photo credit: Alex
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.5 °C
Jaws in Maui is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Jaws Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Jaws over a normal August. I... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jaws surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jaws
Visitor Reviews of Jaws
Tide stations nearest to Jaws:
- Closest tide stationKahului11 mi
- Second closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor13 mi
- Third closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHana, Maui Island23 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMakena, Maui Island24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jaws:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2436 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2440 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2451 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2467 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)2469 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jaws:
- Closest city locationKailua (United States)99 mi
- Second closest city locationHonolulu (United States)103 mi
- Third closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)104 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaimalu (United States)112 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)114 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jaws is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jaws is Hana Airport (HNM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Jaws and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jaws, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Jaws sea temperature, Jaws photographs, Jaws detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jaws webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Jaws tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jaws.