Jaws Spot ID
Photo credit: Alex
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.9 °C
Jaws in Maui is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Jaws Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Jaws over a normal March... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jaws surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jaws
- The closest passenger airport to Jaws is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jaws is Hana Airport (HNM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Jaws and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jaws, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Jaws sea temperature, Jaws photographs, Jaws detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jaws webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Jaws tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jaws.