James Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.2 °C
James Point in Eleuthera is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around mid tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall James Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph shows the range of swells directed at James Point over a normal October, base... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single James Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eleuthera surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of James Point
Tide stations nearest to James Point:
- Closest tide station6 mi
- Second closest tide station30 mi
- Third closest tide station65 mi
- Fourth closest tide station82 mi
- Fifth closest tide station91 mi
Ski Resorts closest to James Point:
- The closest passenger airport to James Point is Governors Harbour (Governor's Harbor) Airport (GHB) in Bahamas, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to James Point is North Eleuthera Airport (ELH), also in Bahamas, 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Rock Sound Airport (RSD) in Bahamas, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Nassau International Airport (NAS) in Bahamas is 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Marsh Harbour Airport (MHH), also in Bahamas is the fifth nearest airport to James Point and is 150 km (93 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for James Point, Eleuthera. Use the tab navigation above to view James Point sea temperature, James Point photographs, James Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, James Point webcams, current wind from Eleuthera live weather stations and James Point tide predictions. The Bahamas swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bahamas and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bahamas wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around James Point.