James Kealoha Beach Park Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.4 °C
James Kealoha Beach Park in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Both left and right reef breaks. Sometimes crowded. Beware of urchins, rocks, locals and sharks.
For Hilo, Hilo Bay, Hawaii, 3 km from James Kealoha Beach Park.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hilo Airport, 3 km from James Kealoha Beach Park.
Dry and cloudy
Overall James Kealoha Beach Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image shows the combination of swells directed at James Kealoha Beach Park over a ... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single James Kealoha Beach Park surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of James Kealoha Beach Park
Tide stations nearest to James Kealoha Beach Park:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station11 mi
- Third closest tide station57 mi
- Fourth closest tide station57 mi
- Fifth closest tide station61 mi
- The closest passenger airport to James Kealoha Beach Park is Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to James Kealoha Beach Park is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to James Kealoha Beach Park and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for James Kealoha Beach Park, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view James Kealoha Beach Park sea temperature, James Kealoha Beach Park photographs, James Kealoha Beach Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, James Kealoha Beach Park webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and James Kealoha Beach Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around James Kealoha Beach Park.