Jacks Hole Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.4 °C
Jacks Hole in Wexford is a reasonably exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the south. The reef breaks offer lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded. Take care of obstacles,.
For Cill Mhantain, 6 km from Jacks Hole.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Roundwood, 22 km from Jacks Hole.
At M2 Lambay Buoy, 46 miles from Jacks Hole.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||4||4|
Overall Jacks Hole Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Jacks Hole through an average August... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Jacks Hole surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wexford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Jacks Hole
Visitor Reviews of Jacks Hole
“It is probably as good as you can get for the East coast. I find the swell need to be at least a meter plus. Conditions tend to change very quickly as it gets more wind-swell than ground-swell. Normal ground-swell from the Irish sea is short lived and surf can come as quick as it can go, but if there is a strong system off the south coast pushing swell up the Irish sea, the swell can hold longer (RARE)
Although the site tags this spot as not crowded, I found it can be quite busy.
Caution! If not an intermediate level surfer or better, when there is considerable surf, it can be somewhat dumpy/punchy(if that can describe it)making it a little more difficult to paddle out. Currents can be strong,usually pushing north. For beginners,I would recommend the bigger flatter (No Rock) beaches just to the south that tend to have a longer, shallower walk out, with less channeled, more spread out waves.
Enjoy, and be safe :)
John Mc Cormack from IRELAND - 06 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Jacks Hole:
- Closest tide stationCill Mhantain4 mi
- Second closest tide stationArklow10 mi
- Third closest tide stationGreystones16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBray20 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDun Laoghaire26 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Jacks Hole:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)167 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)181 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)196 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)198 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)201 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Jacks Hole:
- Closest city locationDun Laoghaire (Ireland)26 mi
- Second closest city locationTallaght (Ireland)29 mi
- Third closest city locationDublin (Ireland)30 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDublin Airport (Ireland)37 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSord (Ireland)38 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Jacks Hole is Dublin Airport (DUB) in Ireland, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Jacks Hole is Waterford Airport (WAT), also in Ireland, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Third is Isle Of Man Airport (IOM) in England, 160 km (99 miles) away.
- City (Belfast) Airport (BHD) in North Ireland is 189 km (117 miles) away.
- Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS), also in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Jacks Hole and is 194 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Jacks Hole, Wexford. Use the tab navigation above to view Jacks Hole sea temperature, Jacks Hole photographs, Jacks Hole detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Jacks Hole webcams, current wind from Wexford live weather stations and Jacks Hole tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Jacks Hole.